The Arts Council of Greater Weston,
Inc. is a 501(c) (3) not for profit organization
dedicated to enhancing the community by ensuring that
there are a wide variety of cultural and
educational opportunities available locally.
Events for all ages!
Student Artist Showcase April 3-27 @ Weston Branch Library
Weston World Fest Photo Contest #westonworldfest For details click the WWF logo below
Foreign Films Series
Celebrate the Arts Day
Weston World fest
Student Art Showcase
Weston Foreign Film Series
November 14, 2016 - "Vitus" - "Switzerland"
December 12, 2016 - "Shower" - China
January 9, 2017 - "Seducing Dr. Lewis" - Canada-French
February 13, 2017 - "Love Is All You Need" - Danish-English
March 13, 2017 - "Volver" - Spanish
Movie Times: 4:45 and 7:30 pm @ AMC Weston 8 Cinema, 1338 SW 160th Ave, Sunrise, FL 33326
Doors open 30 minutes before showing.
Tickets may be purchased at the Community Center at Weston Regional Park 20200 Saddle Club Road & at the Weston Friends of the Library Room at the Weston Branch Library 4205 Bonaventure Blvd. Limited front row tickets may be available at the door. For more info call: 954-881-4582
About the Weston Foreign Film Series Now in it's 11th season The Weston Foreign Film Series celebrates independent foreign films and introduces a unique spectrum of international films and film makers to our audience. The Arts Council is committed to reviewing and selecting films that express differing global perspectives and fresh voices, with the hopes that these programs enlighten audiences and present inspired entertainment for all.
Celebrate the Arts Day
Sunday January 29, 2017 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Weston Town Center 1675 Market St. Weston, Fl 33326
Celebrate the Arts Day engages children and families through interactive exhibition and related programming. In collaboration with the Weston Town Center, The City of Weston and Young at Art Museum this is a fun filled day with art booths and entertainment provided by local students and arts professionals.
Weston World Fest
Sunday March 5, 2017 12:00pm - 4:00 pm
Event Stage at Weston Regional Park, 20200 Saddle Club Road
This unique annual event brings together the customs and colors of the world for an amazing afternoon of cuisine, entertainment and culture! Kids will love participating in our Passport Challenge, while adults can shop our specialty vendor booths and visit our sponsor booths with their SponsorPass. And everyone, young and old, can enjoy the incredible variety of international foods and onstage performances. Entry is free to the public. Stop in at the Arts Council booth (blue topped tents) on the day of the event for information and passports.
1. NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
2. GENERAL INFORMATION: The Arts Council of Greater Weston, Inc. (“Arts Council of Greater Weston” or “ACGW”) Weston World Fest Photo Contest (“Contest” or “Promotion”) begins at 11:30AM EST (US) on March 5, 2017 and ends at 12:00 Midnight EST (US) on March 17, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Each day during the Promotion Period, contestants may enter a photo representative of the Weston World Fest Event for a chance win cash prizes and to have their photos displayed, on the ACGW’s website.
3. SPONSOR: The contest is sponsored by Arts Council of Greater Weston (“Sponsor”). Sponsor will conduct the contest substantially as described in these Official Rules. All copyrights and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
4. ELIGIBILITY: The contest is open to residents of Weston, FL who (i) are at least 13 years of age or older (at the time of entry) and (ii) if under 18 years of age, have parental consent. Board members of the ACGW and their families are not eligible to participate in the promotion. By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree fully and unconditionally to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, to enter participants must follow 1WestonFL on Instagram or Twitter and be able to receive direct messages. Participants must also upload their photo to Instagram or Twitter and caption it with the hashtag #westonworldfest as well as mention @1WestonFL; students use the hashtag #student. Entrants agree to abide by all Instagram and Twitter guidelines, including, but not limited to, not inaccurately tagging content (i.e., do not tag yourself or others if they do not appear in the photo). Complete Instagram Guidelines can be found at https://help.instagram.com/communityguidelines; complete Twitter Guidelines can be found at https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311. No other method of participation will be accepted. Once submitted, an entry cannot be deleted, modified, or cancelled. The only methods of entry are those set forth in these Official Rules. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misplaced, illegible, mutilated, incomplete, incorrect or undelivered entries, and such entries will be deemed invalid. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. CONTENT: All photo entries must be representative of the Weston World Fest Event and in good taste (no images that would be objectionable to a family audience). Photos that serve the purpose of promoting a specific person, business, or other agency will be disqualified. A model release is required if using identifiable images of persons.
7. PRIZES: Winners will be notified by direct message on Instagram or Twitter, two weeks after the Promotion Period ends. A winner in each of the 5 categories will be awarded a gift card with the value of $25.00 and will have their work displayed on the ACGW’s website.
Best photo of a performer/performing group at Weston World Fest 2017
Best photo of a country booth or activity at Weston World Fest 2017
Best photo - food category - Weston World Fest 2017
Most creative photo at Weston World Fest 2017
"Viewer's choice" (photo taken during Weston World Fest 2017 with most likes)
8. RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to release, indemnify, defend, and hold ACGW, Instagram, Twitter, and their directors, officers, employees, and agents, and any other organizations/entities related to the Promotion harmless from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses, or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Promotion or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Releases’ control that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential, or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of any prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, or from participation in the Promotion; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, an entrant’s participation in the Promotion constitutes consent to the royalty-free use of his/her name, photo, and statements attributed to him/her for advertising and promotional purposes, including in its e-mail blasts and any other media chosen by the Sponsor without compensation.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating in the Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that he/she has read these Official Rules and agrees to be bound by them and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Promotion. All persons under the age of 18 must receive parent’s or guardian’s permission to enter the Promotion. Parent/guardian agrees to all terms of these Official Rules, on behalf of minor and themselves. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. All entries, as applicable, become property of the Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without liability to the entrant, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Promotion is compromised. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion and without liability to the entrant or winner. The Promotion is subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. The Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Entrant acknowledges that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.
11. PRIVACY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION: Entrant’s names and Instagram and/or Twitter accounts and handles may appear both on display and promotional materials. This information will only be collected for purposes of the Promotion. Personal information shared with the ACGW for the purpose of the Promotion will only be disclosed to third parties as part of the Promotion, which may include display and promotional materials; no further disclosure of personal information shall be made to any third party. By participating in the promotion, entrants hereby agree to such use of their personal information by Sponsor.
12. FORCE MAJEURE: Without limiting any other provision in these Official Rules, in the event that any of the Promotion’s activities or the Releases’ operations or activities are affected, as determined by the Sponsor, in their sole discretion, including, without limitation, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic or public health crisis, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any law, rule, regulation, order or other action adopted or taken by any governmental, federal, state or local government authority, or any other cause, whether or not specifically mentioned above, subject to any governmental approval that may be required, the Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion, and no Releases shall be responsible or liable to any entrant or prize winner or any person claiming through such entrant or prize winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof. The Sponsor is not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages.
Dedicated to supporting the arts in the Weston School district, we celebrate the outstanding works being created in our classrooms with a month long exhibition showcasing works by students from pre-K through high school. A reception is attended by student artists, families, teachers and city officials who assist in awards presentations.
It's not about us, but if you really want to know...
President Jami Nix Rahn 1st V.P Irene Carraway 2nd V.P. Joy Rodenberg Secretary Gryssele Machicote Treasurer Betty Silva
The Arts Council of Greater Weston
is proud to have so many partners
from our local business community.
Please show your support by thanking
them for everything they do to help us
bring the best possible cultural events
to our community year after year!
How you can help
Have an idea for a new event in Weston?
Want to share your thoughts on how to
make an existing event better? Or, just
want to know how you can help make our
community an even better place to live and have fun??
We are a 100% volunteer organization
and are always looking for new partners
in our community. So use the form below
to get in touch, we can't wait to hear from you!